Hi there, I am Katie Rose. In this course which starts on July 31st, over six sessions we will reflect on areas of the Yoga Sutras you’ve probably never looked at before. We will dive deep into:
🌹 The role of intuition in your daily life.
🌹The karmas we are holding and how to discharge and release them to be free of the bondage of unresolved trauma and emotional baggage.
🌹How to work with energy to expand what you want to call in and reduce the things that are depleting you.
🌹The blocks (or kleshas) and how they hold us back from being our best selves (and how to overcome them).
🌹The power of intention, visualisation and becoming a pro-active creator of the life you want to live.
This program is part Yoga Sutra study and part an exploration of your own personal development and spiritual awakening as a woman living in the modern world right now, with all its pressures and obligations. We’ll talk about family, relationships, social media, addictions, the choices we make and why we make them. All grounded within the framework of ancient yogic wisdom.Enrol Now
This program will run entirely online. We start on July 31st and over six sessions you can expect:
- Weekly zoom calls in which we dive deep into the teachings and themes as they apply to your life. There is no dry theory here it’s all practical and vibrantly alive. The calls will go for approximately 1 hour.
- A beautiful translation workbook with commentary of the principal Yoga Sutras written by Katie Rose. This translation is not available anywhere else.
- Weekly tasks and activities to create gentle but sustainable transformation in your life. These tasks will be tailor designed for you (we will all be doing something different). For example, one person might be jumping deep into dream analysis. Another might be looking at their libido and sexuality. Another might be exploring their relationship to food. The sessions will work in a group coaching format where you’ll get to share and journey along with a group of spiritual persons as we all do the work together and learn from and lean on each other.
- Accountability! We will do the things not just talk about them and I’ll give you tools to keep you on track and seeing results. I’m all about small incremental habit changes. Through gentle and manageable tweaks to your lifestyle and routines, you’ll see massive results.
- Pre-recorded audios and journaling tasks to support the ‘live’ work. This material will remain available to you after the six sessions are over so you can revisit it at any time. It will also be a useful resource if you are a yoga teacher wanting to share and integrate the Sutras into your offerings.
- A PDF copy of my Mindful Living Journal book.
By the end of the immersion, you’ll have a thorough and applied knowledge of the Yoga Sutras. You’ll have elevated your own personal spiritual practice and you’ll be ready to integrate the ancient philosophy of yoga into your lifestyle and teaching with ease, skill, and grace.
This training is for you if you:
- Have an interest in yoga philosophy but don’t know how it is relevant for you.
- Have been frustrated with the lack of women's teachings in the traditional yoga world.
- Feel stuck in some areas of your life and want to juice up your practice and reignite your spark.
- Love to talk dreams, relationships, intuition and all the woo-woo things whilst keeping it real and relevant.
- Are a yoga teacher who wants to integrate the teaching of yoga scripture into your classes and offerings in a way that’s relevant and meaningful for a contemporary audience.
- Want to really and deeply understand the Yoga Sutras but don’t want to spend hours and hours in dry academic study.
- Have a copy or two of the Sutras on your book shelf but haven’t actually read them yet!
It’s not for you if you:
- Want a word for word academic approach to translations and interpretation of each Sutra.
- Don’t believe we can apply the teachings of yoga to our modern world in a way that’s juicy and alive.
- Are not willing to look deeply into yourself and poke around in the shadows (as well as the light) to allow personal transformation to blossom.
- Don’t like group-work and prefer to work one to one (in which case private coaching might be better for you).
Here are our session dates and times:
8am Sunday July 31st
6pm Tuesday August 9th
6pm Thursday August 11th
8am Sunday August 21st
6pm Tuesday August 23rd
8am Sunday August 28th
The calls will go for approximately 1 hour.
Time zone: Sydney Australia. Recordings of all these calls will be made available to you if you can’t attend live (and so you can re-watch later). The true benefit comes in showing up and participating so we hope you can join us live on as many of the calls as possible.
Is there an accreditation?
This course can be used for 25 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points with Yoga Alliance or Yoga Australia. If you are a yoga teacher or health care practitioner of some kind it will enhance your skill set in serving your students and clients.
How long does the course take to complete?
Study is self-paced and you have lifetime access to the course material so you can move through the content as quickly or slowly as you like. We will get together for six calls over several weeks and it will be possible for you to complete the course in this time if you stay focused.
You will be sent a reminder before each call. Recordings will be available if you miss a session.
Once you enrol you'll have permanent access to the course material so your journey into the Yoga Sutras never has to end.
A bit more about this course from creator Katie Rose …
For many years now I’ve been writing and contemplating translations of the Yoga Sutras. I am not a Sanskrit scholar and the way I’ve created this work is by comparing many different versions and interpretations. I’ve spent hours reading and re-reading commentaries. What I notice is that the Yoga Sutras are most often seen through the lens of the Eight Limbs (pathway to yoga) and specifically the Yamas and Niyamas (ethical controls). Whilst this information is super helpful in creating a conscious spiritual practice (sadhana) and curating a life of purpose and contentment it misses some of the more esoteric magic the Sutras have to offer.
For me the two elements most absent in the teachings of the Yoga Sutras I’ve come across are:
🔥 Bhakti, the path of devotion. This is because Patanjali doesn’t mention the Divine / Source much in the Sutras. But the Bhakti is there if we look for it. Through the path of love and devotion we can open up some of the mystery in this text grounded in a foundation of heart-centred connection.
🔥 The feminine form teachings. Often the way the Sutras is taught is very linear and in the ‘mind’ / masculine mode. I have seen this to be at the cost of the more esoteric and non-linear aspects of this great scripture. For example in the third chapter Patanjali outlines in detail the enormous power and importance of our intuitive sense. He also explains the potency our dreams can have in helping us develop our spiritual practice. He reminds us that time is not always linear and that we can play with it to accelerate our growth or slow down our impatience.
Let me give you an example. In chapter three of the Yoga Sutras Patanjali describes the ‘siddhi’ or ‘super power’ of being able to understand the past and the future. How on earth do we interpret this? I think it has something to do with self-insight and trust of our intuitive internal ‘knowing’. Through diving into the Sutras in this way we can start to trust our own intuition and understand our capacity to work through karma, over-come obstacles (such as mental health challenges, relationship challenges, health challenges) on a really deep and foundational level. This goes way beyond therapy or self-help and into the core of who we are as human beings and how we can heal and find ease within the craziness of the human experience.
Katie Rose is an inspirational mentor and teacher, making ancient yogic and ayurvedic wisdom accessible for busy modern-day women. Her solid grounding in mindfulness and spirituality, along with her authentic ‘say it as it is’ approach, leadership and community-building strengths has earned her an enthusiastic following amongst yogis in Australia.
As a published author, advanced level Jivamukti Yoga and Kundalini Yoga teacher, Ayurveda consultant, and doula, women’s health and wellbeing are Katie’s specialty. She holds the highest possible accreditations with both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia and over 20 years, has trained hundreds of yoga teachers. She started her yogic career at age 19 as a volunteer cleaner at the prestigious TriYoga in London. By 24 Katie was managing the Primrose Hill TriYoga flagship location after which she moved to Australia in 2004 and founded her own yoga studio ‘Samadhi Yoga’ in Newtown. In 2007 Katie co-founded Jivamukti Yoga in Sydney which at its peak was a four location Sydney based business and is a community that continues to thrive today.
Katie has deep compassion for animals and reverence for nature. Her most recent book (released by Rockpool Publishing in Australia, USA and UK), ‘Mindful Living’, was published in 2019 and the journal and inspiration cards to follow on its success are now also available. Katie has been a guest on many podcasts and in a feature-length piece on Radio National about her life.
Katie is the mother of four boys and a baby girl and lives with them and her partner in Sydney’s super-hip Inner West. She is attempting to practice what she teaches; creating a life that is based in conscious spiritual practice.
What people are saying: "I am thoroughly enjoying learning with Katie. My world has been opened up with the knowledge you have imparted and I thank you very much.."
What people are saying: "I had to reach out to you dearest Katie! A few months back I came across your Instagram page and followed you. You felt so authentic and when I read the word Ayurveda I was instantly transported back to my philosophy classes lead by my wonderful teacher in South Goa on my first yoga teacher training. The past year I've felt like I've taken a couple of steps backward in my spiritual journey (old triggers coming up, returning anxiety, decreased spiritual community in my area, etc.). Anyway, I signed up for training with you and I actually feel like a new woman; the creative juices are flowing, I am journalling every day and my sense of gratitude, positivity, and ability to be more present have also really taken a leap forwards!"
What people are saying: "I just want to say thank you to you, your resources and trainings have been such a big saving grace to me over the last year. I have loved reading your book (I’m currently reading it for the second time), taking your Ayurveda Goddess training and meditation course. It’s probably been my favourite thing of the year and my little moments of retreat from the general stresses of the year. Thank you, I really love and appreciate your work"
What people are saying: "Katie Rose is an inspired and gifted teacher with so much to offer. Her lifelong commitment to the art of teaching yoga, her profound knowledge and generous spirit has inspired me on my own journey as a teacher. Katie has deep insights, clear delivery and original content to share with all who are blessed to take her trainings."
It is said that to really stay anchored in what yoga is we need to come back to scripture. In a world where disco yoga and goat yoga and yoga with wine are all a thing it’s my mission to keep the yoga teachings authentic and accurately alive in my own life and in yours. I also see these teachings as being as relevant in our world of Netflix and Facebook as they were back in the world of Vedic culture and temple life that Patanjali came from. The true teachings of yoga live outside of time, space and cultural context - this philosophy and personal-growth course will catalyse you into discovering that for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
What if I am struggling to afford the course?
I’m a yoga teacher will this training help me in my teaching?
What return will I get on my investment?
Is the training for beginners or for men and women who have been on this path for a while?
Let's do this together ...
Learn to apply ancient wisdom in your life now ...
'Consider then when we have outgrown our old skin, we can shed the layers that no longer serve us. Certain habits, attachments reach an expiration date, giving us an opportunity to be renewed allowing new opportunities of embracing the new and allowing the positive feelings and emotions to flow naturally through our body, guiding our intuition.'
Yoga Sutra of Patanjali Chapter 2, Sutra 9