'Claim the treasure to which the mystics of all traditions have pointed. Transformation is possible when we melt into the luminous sea of love.' Mirabai Starr
- Develop wisdom in the way you run your home
- Find healthy discipline for yourself and your children
- Practice self-care so you can show up at your best
- Get organised to save money and find time for more harmonious relationships
- Improve communication and cultivate an honest, close and respectful relationship with your kids
Let's dive into the world of parenting to 're-set' some of the areas it's so easy to get stuck in. Together we will unpack and re-arrange some of the negative habits which are holding you back from bringing your best self to the parenting journey. We will ignite some new behaviours to spark deeper understanding and better connections with your kids. Parenting is such a big job and using wisdom from yoga, mindfulness, essential oils and ayurveda we will give you the tools to enjoy the ride and re-set your relationship with your children.
What will you get from this course?
- Practical and actionable steps to create change no matter what you are stuck with (I'm all about actions!)
- Tools to celebrate the different strengths of each child and not get stuck in competing and comparing
- Essential oil suggestions for working with powerful plant allies on the healing journey
- Strategies for dealing with food troubles, sleep troubles and discipline troubles.
- Suggestions for working with transitions (through the days and the years of our lives)
- Reflections on how to cultivate wise love (bhakti) and see parenting as a spiritual journey
I'm Katie Rose, I've been a published author for many years and a while ago now I was asked to write a book about Parenting and Yoga. I declined the offer because I honestly didn't feel ready. At the time I only had one (young) child and I just did not think I knew enough to have anything of value to share. Fast-forward ten years and I'm now a mother of four boys and I've learnt a thing or two about being a parent. Now I have a WHOLE LOT of stuff to share - some lessons learnt the hard way and some wisdom I've gathered from elders and wise teachers - all of it practical and relatable.
What's the structure of the course?
- Self-paced learning; go at your own speed and revisit the material when needed. You have access for the lifetime of the course
- Access to monthly live zoom call and invitation-only parenting webinars with Katie Rose
- A Facebook support group to connect with other like-minded parents
- Content includes PDFs, audios and reflection prompts as well as tons of bonus resources.
Through a guided journey of five modules we will cover:
Intuition - trusting yourself as a parent and trusting your child's innate wisdom
Foundations - food, play, sleep and rhythm
Forgive and Console - tantrums and navigating tricky relationships (including those with your partner or co-parent)
Confidence and Joy - wisdom of the Elders, finding joy in small moments, quality time
Wise Love (Bhakti) - transitions in the day and in life which can be integrated through an approach of loving kindness
What people are saying: 'I’ve just started the course - I wasn’t planning to until I had a bit more time but WOW! I’m hooked. Everything you have said has resonated with me ... it’s the perfect fitting course for where I’m at in my life and journey. Thank you again.'
Katie Rose is an inspirational powerhouse, making ancient yogic and ayurvedic wisdom accessible for busy modern-day women. Her solid grounding in mindfulness and spirituality, along with her authentic ‘say it as it is’ approach has earnt her an enthusiastic following amongst yogis in Sydney and Australia-wide.
As a published author, advanced level Jivamukti Yoga and Kundalini Yoga teacher, ayurveda consultant and doula, women’s health and wellbeing are Katie’s specialty. Katie is a teacher for The Australian Doula College (ADC) and she holds the highest possible accreditations with both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia and over 20 years, has trained hundreds of yoga teachers. She started her yogic career at age 19 as a volunteer cleaner at the prestigious TriYoga in London. By 24 Katie was managing the Primrose Hill TriYoga flagship location after which she moved to Australia in 2004 and founded her own yoga studio ‘Samadhi Yoga’ in Newtown. In 2007 Katie co-founded Jivamukti Yoga Sydney which at its peak was a four location Sydney based business and is still a community that continues to thrive today. She is the mother of four boys and lives in Sydney's Inner West.
What people are saying: 'Just want to say hi and how much I love your course Katie Rose. I’m learning to slow down, listen to my body's needs and stop rushing around like a crazy person. To stop comparing myself to others and be kinder to myself.' Skye (mother)
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
What if I am struggling to afford the course?
What ages of children is this course designed for?
What people are saying: ‘Katie's magical and practical courses have not only helped me understand myself, family and friends on a whole new level but also given me tools and new resources to support my clients.’ Ana (art therapist and creative wellness coach)
From course creator Katie Rose: 'It takes time and energy to set up new habits and routines and right now you might be feeling burnt-out and overwhelmed. Let's work slowly and intentionally together within your troubled areas to create lasting and gentle change. It takes a village to raise a child and I'm here to be part of your tribe and cheer-lead you along the path to better parenting.'